Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unbefuckinglievable : Caution - RANT !

<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Unbefuckinglievable : Caution - RANT !

It's W.R. ...... Feel free to say "see ya" or read the following and either enjoy or hate away. Life will go on for all concerned one way or the other.

I just downloaded the new edition of The Rally News and wish to opine. Suffice to say, if you deleted all of the advertising, everything could go on a 3" x 5" file card saving both thousands of dollars and thousands of trees as well. But you have to waste $340,000 a year somehow so ......

That the certain death of Laconia Bike Week will continue unabated is now no longer in question. All the proof anyone needs is contained in the Rally News gazette. For starters, Charlie St. Clair and Jennifer Anderson are still running L.B.W. after a very well-documented five year stretch of declining attendance {lies notwithstanding}, declining vendor participation, declining status in the motorcycling world, constant yearly losses of venues and most tragically, Laconia's no longer being one of the "Big Three" rallies in the country. Wisely, there are NO attendance figures in the magazine. At least they've stopped lying, lol.

After the worst Laconia EVER in 2015, causing many in our biker community to declare {finally} the real chance of death for the rally, there were frantic promises of MEETINGS {plural} with the public. Well, there was A, ONE, meeting and this, boys and girls, is the result .....

"With so many ‘rallies’ popping up around the country, keeping our visitors engaged and coming back isn’t as easy as it used to be. Knowing what our visitors need from us has to come directly from their mouths – so we asked you… In the fall of 2015, the Laconia Motorcycle Week®Association held a public forum to ask our visitors, residents, and businesses ‘what do we need to do to meet your needs?’ We’ve also sent out a visitor survey to tens of thousands of riders. The response has been powerful! Here’s what you’ve said we need to do: • Introduce our rally to Millennials (younger generations) • Be more inclusive of different motorcycle brands and riders • Develop more events (things to do) Here’s what we can do about it: Significantly expand our digital marketing campaign and redesign our website to be fully optimized on any platform (computer, phones, tablets, etc); Organize events to specifically feature bikes that do not fit the ‘v-twin’ label; Work with property owners to assist them in hosting stunt shows, flat track races, motorcycle skill events (hare races), and national entertainment acts; and All of this is a work in progress but it is in our hopes that visitors and residents alike will work with us, more than ever before to keep Laconia Motorcycle Week® as the world class event that it is."

Can you say TONE DEAF ??? Can you say FUCKING CLUELESS {sorry, ladies} ???? NOTHING about moving L.B.W. to the last week in June virtually assuring much better weather and greatly decreasing the odds of 4-5 days of rain. NOTHING about overzealous law enforcement that has driven people away for years and has come from the lips of half of our attendees at one time or another. NOTHING about instilling some "R" rated entertainment back into AN ADULT BIKER RALLY after these people purged same from it for the last 17 fucking years {sorry again, ladies, lol}

Nope, Charlie And Jennifer have it all figured out. Revamp a website. Have a bike show exclusively for NON American motorcycles. Market Dr. Feelgood, Freebird and Rebel Yell to twenty and thirty-somethings {good fucking luck with THAT, lol}.

Hey, nine months have gone by, they've pissed through another $300,000 and they're still in charge. Life is good, no ? W.R.

P.S. :ban_fu:
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Unbefuckinglievable : Caution - RANT !

I really didn't expect change so I can't get to disappointed I will cut my time in Laconia and await the Sturgis rally as it is the best event I have been to. It has it all and then some. There are a lot of little rallies that are pretty good as well. I guess we need to start seeing other rallies lol :ban_072: :ban_071: Laconia and :ban_029: Charily...
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both...
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Yep, sounds like same old, same old. As I live in "Nahampsha" I'll "Pass thru" Laconia at least once during that week. A lot of my "retired" friends didn't get to go to Laconia (or many other rallies) during their professional careers and plan some of their vacation time around the rally, I hate to say it but I know some of them will be disappointed , those in the upper levels that can afford expensive $30K plus motorcycles, might, but the blue collar-no collar guys won't, save for acquiring the annual ceremonial Laconia Bike Week "T" shirt, made in some 3rd. country, LOL. I'll go to the races at Loudon and the hillclimbs, at least that's still entertaining.
Thanx W.R. for keeping us informed.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Nice to hear your thoughts, guys. I hoped against hope that all the outcry last year would have had a real effect but, as I've said forever, NOTHING of substance is going to happen until the control of Laconia Bike Week is wrested away from St. Clair and Anderson. I'll say yet again, such "job performance" combined with such gross financial waste to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars would have gotten someone fired from any corporation, sports team or business enterprise YEARS ago.

At least Blaz and Tofeather and yours truly can take solace in the fact that right now, Mr. Laconia MOTORCYCLE Week is down in Daytona up to his incompetent ass in bikers {unlike Laconia}, scores of beer tub beauties {as opposed to Laconia's, um, ten ?}, burnouts {not here}, cole slaw wrestling {sorry} and other red-hot antics that he so effectively banished from OUR Bike Week with his bosom buddies {pun intended} at the L.P.D and New Hampshire State Liquor Commission waaay back in the scary 90's.

And he's doing it the only way he knows how. With somebody else's fucking money. :ban_fu:

Blaz, Tofeather, have great weekend and we'll all keep on keepin' on - W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

<<

panlvr

* 200 Club!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:10 am

well after last 7 yrs plus going i saw a steady decline in everything it ever was shitty non english speaking smucks for vendors no dickering on prices with those asswipes even on sunday i used to leave wirth a handful of shit cheap cause we new they wanted to get rid of it so they dont have to haul it an that the least of my bitching bout lbw last season was without a doubt probably my last year going
Not gone But lost forever
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 am

All true, Panlvr, all true. The only enjoyment this year will be watching Channel 9 tell everyone that 300,000 motorcyclists will be descending on N.H. to spend 100 million dollars :ban_139: And you KNOW where THAT info comes from ...... W.R.

<<

panlvr

* 200 Club!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:02 pm

ya bullshit stories for the media an anyone who inhales its bullshit lies bye bye bike week betting start saving your pennies youll be begging us to come back to late the damage is done :ban_074:
Not gone But lost forever

Return to Laconia Bike Week