Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FINALLY - The Smoking Gun !

<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Tue May 16, 2017 9:55 pm

FINALLY - The Smoking Gun !

"The truth will set you free". I've made a lot of accusations and assertions over the years, laying the decline and certain death of Laconia Bike Week at the feet of one Charlie St. Clair. Year after year, bikers everywhere post on the web how Laconia is the lamest, tamest, shittiest, family oriented rally in existence. They do this, in increasing numbers, as an explanation for why they're NEVER going again. And all the while, Mr. Motorcycle Week claims ignorance - "we're not making it a family affair, we're not trying to sanitize it", etc.

The following excerpts are from a Sept. 2001 article in the Daily Sun {God bless the Interweb}. All I ask is that you read HIS WORDS carefully, two or three times if need be. See for yourself, once and for all, his agenda to clean up, to sanitize, the rally that he gained control of. Yelling and hollering ? The flashing of breasts ? LOUD pipes ?!?!? The utter pride he displays that Bike Week attracts KIDS, families ?!? This PROOF, once and for all, of how our beloved Bike Week got to where it is today. You can stop lying now, St. Clair, the jig's up.

Excerpt : Daily Sun

Referring to a recent front-page story in the Daily Sun headlined "Let Bike Week be Bike Week," Charlie St. Clair, executive director of the Laconia Motorcycle Week Rally & Race Association (LMWRRA), Wednesday night dismissed outright any suggestion that the rally has suffered from being tamed. Speaking to the Motorcycle Week Advisory Committee (MWAC), St. Clair challenged remarks made at previous meeting by Russ Pettit, a regular vendor at rally and author of the words in the offending headline, who told the committee that "the rally is going down the tubes", in part because of strict curbs on the bawdy behavior that was once its hallmark. He advocated returning the rally to a four-day affair, so bikers could have their fun and then "give the people their town back."

As for the excesses of the past, St. Clair said that LMWRR "fought hard for the ordinance prohibiting nudity. How would you like a bunch of guys waving signs asking your mother, or your sister or your wife to bare her breasts?" he asked. When the ordinance was adopted, he said, "we got thank you calls from bikers, not just residents." Likewise, St. Clair endorsed efforts to clamp down on bikers who smoked their tires and ran straight pipes. "I'm pleased when I see parents with their children at the rally, sharing their love and enthusiasm for motorcycles," St. Clair said. "It's a motorcycle rally, but it's also a family event that offers something for everybody."

FOUGHT HARD TO PROHIBIT NUDITY ..... ENDORSED EFFORTS TO STOP SMOKING TIRES AND LOUD EXHAUST ..... PLEASED WHEN I SEE CHILDREN AT THE RALLY ..... IT'S ALSO A FAMILY EVENT .....

I have just debunked fifteen years of lies {you're welcome} and trust me, I'll sleep like a fucking baby tonight ! Please share this if you're compelled to do so, the time for THE TRUTH has come. W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 am

Re: FINALLY - The Smoking Gun !

Thanx W.R. The ONLY reason "NON' bikers ever came to Laconia Bike Week was CURIOSITY. they heard about all the "shenanagins" going on and had to see for them selves.
Laconia Motorcycle Week, Rally and Races. The RALLY was in SUPPORT of the races and the racers. So they take way the races: the dirt track at Rochester, the vintage street race in down town, and the Hill Climbs at Gunstock, which is coming back this year. They did have great hill climbs at Canaan, but it was strictly professional sponsored riders. Maybe they should have two, one for serious competition, one for "Show" where all kinds of riders can have some fun. Oh, I forgot, "FUN" is NOT in Mr. St. Clair's vocabulary.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Wed May 17, 2017 4:19 pm

That's right, tofeather, it's all about money and control now. Admission for the "ride" listed on their FB page is $50 per bike {!} and $25 per passenger. WTF ? And it's nice to know that every hassle {and every ticket} in the last 15 years for loud exhaust owes a direct debt {in HIS OWN WORDS} to St. Clair. And every ticket for every burnout ? Yup, thank Wonder Boy. St. Clair has had a negative impact on motorcycling in New Hampshire for a decade and a half that can't begin to be measured. Killing Bike Week is just the frosting on this idiot's cake. W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

<<

Bustah_c

****2000 Club!

Post Fri May 19, 2017 11:26 am

BIKE WEEK IS NOT A FAMILY EVENT, PERIOD! What an ignorant POS!.
What an EFFIN lie! That bikers called him and thanked him.
Totally ruined Bike Week for me.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb.
<<

redgreen914

Uncle Pervy

Post Fri May 19, 2017 2:47 pm

"Family friendly"? What a mook! :lol:
<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Sat May 20, 2017 7:10 am

All I can say is he must be a Democrat or should I say Dem-a Rat Last year was the lamest I have ever seen it. Do I still have a good time yes I do, is it over priced yes it is. As WR has pointed out you can go to Laconia and given week in the summer with your friends and have a good time for a fraction of the cost. But I will keep on going and looking for that little bit of flashing of the boobs that is all but extinct in Laconia.
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both...
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 pm

Not surprised you guys agree, we're all on the same page. The article {excerpt} I posted really is vital as a matter of record. When the final chapter of L.B.W. is written, and not many years from now, St Clair and Company will try one last time to blame it's demise on a dying customer base, changing demographics, ALL the competition and anything else they can lie about. The truth MUST prevail - an eighteen year effort, in collusion with law enforcement, the City of Laconia and the N.H. State Liquor Commission, to "clean up" Bike Week to HIS puritanical satisfaction. Every time you think of the Laconia Motorcycle Week Association and it's Three Stooges, remember : It Didn't Have To Die. W.R.

For history, eighteen {!} years ago ....... http://www.nytimes.com/1999/06/20/us/la ... ikers.html

Return to Laconia Bike Week