Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Harley Davidson - bye bye track, hello Weirs

<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Fri May 26, 2017 10:32 am

Harley Davidson - bye bye track, hello Weirs

Harley is relocating it's entire Bike Week location to the Weirs, I'll be good and save the editorial comment :lol:

http://www.clutchandchrome.com/news/125 ... eek-705251

They're also building a plant in Thailand, supposedly strictly for the Asian market. Think we'll ever find Thai "bits and pieces" on U.S. Harleys ? Oh, never mind ..... :ban_139: W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Fri May 26, 2017 4:26 pm

Re: Harley Davidson - bye bye track, hello Weirs

Thanx W.R., now that the attendance is down there should be enough room in the Weirs area for H - D to set up camp. A couple years ago a "rider" on a Harley test ride dumped it right in front of the entrance to the Speedway, now imagine that happening coming out their location at the Weirs.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Fri May 26, 2017 4:48 pm

It IS interesting that a few peeps have complained on FB that the track is MUCH better for test rides and being w/all the other dealers. They're describing it as "right across from the entrance to the Drive In", Well, that's the f*cking intersection so I've no idea where it really is. And this is, um, fascinating ...... “As this historic gathering of riders approaches its centennial celebration, Harley-Davidson has teamed with Laconia Mayor Ed Engler, local businessman Al Mitchell and Laconia Harley-Davidson owner Anne Deli to secure a fabulous new location near the lake for Harley Headquarters.” And of course, that's accompanied by the L.M.W.A. logo, lol.

Obviously, this is the LAST place one would choose to test ride Harleys - the open territory of a racetrack being much better suited to newbies and first-timers throwing a leg over thousand c.c. and up motorcycles. But of course, that's not what's behind this. It's about increasing traffic counts {to show faux "improvement"} and to generate buzz meant to distract peeps from the fact that the "powers that be" have made NO fundamental changes to reverse the death spiral. And on THAT note, Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all and thanks to all our heroes because freedom is NOT free ! W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Sat May 27, 2017 6:06 am

I read that "description" of where the "New" H-D place will be, and go more confused every time!!! It certainly won't be "cool" if somebody came out of he H-D are on a "test" ride and ran into the crowd, (small crowd, as it will be), and people got hurt. There was a really bad accident in New Mexico, a few years back, the "Rally in the Mountains", a car driven by a drunk driver ran into three bikers, two of which were riding two up, and one died. The D A chose NOT to press charges. The area, and out of area, Bikers (Motorcyclists) chose NOT to return to that event, at it ended. Let's Hope and Pray that doesn't happen at L.B.W.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

bob

*400Club!

Post Tue May 30, 2017 7:18 am

I was down the Weir strip yesterday. There is a lot of construction going on. They put a new sidewalk in on the side of the arcade. It narrows the strip in a few arears which will delay bikes going through. Plus, it narrows the road by about 2 feet. All parking spots are now numbered too.
Help me, Mr. Wizard! "Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome, time for this one to come home."
<<

Sidewinder

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:23 am

Getting in and out of the drive in will suck even with the increased police detail.... the other problem is going out on a test ride and being tied up in traffic on the return trip... it's not like you will have a HD demo only lane, for the return.
2012 FLTRU
http://www.bikesgonewild.com

Return to Laconia Bike Week