Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just for fun ....

<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:42 am

Just for fun ....

Good morning, everyone ! I ran across this and just had to share given our friend Charlie's ability to amuse and amaze. Remember how, in the good 'ol daze, the attendance figures would come out a few weeks after the rally, trumpeting yet another successful Bike Week ? And now, there are NO attendance figures, lol.

Well, the Fearless Leader has moved the goalposts {always a sign of dishonesty}, cleverly deciding that attendance isn't that important anymore.

To wit: Charlie St. Clair, executive director of the Laconia Motorcycle Week Association, said the festival has more competition than ever. In 1992, there were 50 other motorcycle rallies advertised around the country.

“Now there's over 800, so that cuts into stuff,” he said.

He proclaimed this year's Motorcycle Week a success, but its attendance, which is always a hard-to-estimate and unofficial number, is certainly nowhere near a peak he estimated at about 430,000 people in 2004. Attendance declined after that amid an economic downturn, he said.

His priorities include more than just attendance.

“My concern is that the businesses that do come have an excellent, safe time,” he said. “That is my No. 1 goal.”

So after losing over 100,000 attendees over the last five years, attendance is no longer the top priority. Fun and SAFETY of the BUSINESSES are what matters. Not the BIKERS who ARE the rally, but the companies who participate. #NoFriendOfOurs

Another telling {but in no way surprising} quote : "Crowds also may have seemed bigger in the past because essentially it was a three-day event", he said.

“It basically became a three-day drinking party with mainly locals and a spring break mentality,” he said.

Son of a bitch {!}, it was all AN ILLUSION :shock: That's right, 'ol Charlie says it just SEEMED like you were sitting in traffic for an hour, lol ! Of course, there are photos of people ten deep on Lakeside Ave. but who has time for facts at a time like this ? And that sinful "spring break mentality" {gasp} ! The music, the alcohol and yes, {dare I say, dare dare} the TITS. Poor little guy is obviously scarred for life, no wonder he wants to kill it.

Well, fun as always, enjoy the best riding of the year {fall}, stop at Dunkin's for a couple donuts and some great Hot Apple Cider and look out for the texters texting and the heroin junkies passin' out behind the wheel as they come towards you. God Bless 'Murica, W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Just for fun ....

Thank you W.R., 800 "Other Rallys", wow. He must be counting benefit rides and poker runs, lol.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

Bustah_c

****2000 Club!

Post Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:42 am

[quote="His priorities include more than just attendance.

“My concern is that the businesses that do come have an excellent, safe time,” he said. “That is my No. 1 goal."[/quote]

That's the one that got to me. :/
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb.
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 am

I hear ya. When the fake news talks about how much business it brings to the New Hampshire economy for "events" like LBW, they don't realize how many of those places that set up for bike week are Out Of State businesses.
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:53 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, guys. The guy has more more bullshit than any three poolrooms you can think of, lol.

Check out this excerpt from a February 27, 2015 article in The Laconia Daily Sun : "St. Clair says that the growth slowed in recent years due in large part to the recession, which started in 2008, but also to the growing competition from other motorcycle-related events. ''When we first started there were about 50 motorcycle events. There are over 600 now and competition is fierce." :lol: Ok, so first, the recession that started in 2008 was, apparently, SEVEN years long lasting until 2015. Unreal.

But the main takeaway here is that, in CharlieLand, there were over 600 m/c events in 2015 and now, a scant two years later, there are 800 !!! Christ, at this rate of lying and delusion, there'll be a thousand events by next June ! I guess if you say shit to yourself enough times you actually begin to believe it - at least it's amusing for the rest of us :lol: Best, W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:50 am

Yeah, I hear ya. 800 rallies, hmmm, that's 16 per state!!!

Return to Laconia Bike Week